Event Calendar

27 October 2006

Mew (Popscene, 19 October 2006)

Immediately after the Decemberists show at the Warfield, me and a couple of newly met friends decided to raid the remaining Sophia Minis over at Anu on 6th Street. We walked past the crazies and got there just in time. After our other friends met up with us, and after we got several free goodies like Marie Antoinette pins, nail polish and some masks (my halloween costume solved!), we gave our Popscene connection a call to see if Mew already played. Fortunately, they didn't. About 6 people smooshed in my car and we headed over to 330 Ritch.

As usual, we were met with a wicked long line. From the sound of it, Mew were already playing, or just started playing. Our connection got us in, sparing us the wait in line.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Mew were fucking amazing! I was an idiot not to buy a ticket to their show with Kasabian. That would have knocked my socks off. Even though I can barely see a lick over at Popscene, I was able to hear the music. That falsetto voice was just "wow." And the guitar work, pure genius. The songs were beautiful. They were true rock stars. And could possibly be one of the better bands that broke into the scene this year (yes, I know they've been around for a while, but I didn't hear of them 'til this year -- so don't hate).

I can't really say much else other than "wow."

And then we danced to Justin Timberlake's "SexyBack" immediately thereafter. What a way to cap off a music filled evening!

Beer Rating: 0 Beers

No comments: