Event Calendar

25 October 2006

The Decemberists (The Warfield, 19 October 2006)

















Tonight was a promising one. Not only did I have a ticket to see the Decemberists, but it's also free Sofia Minis night. That's right. That crazy lady Sofia Coppola is giving away her canned wine to anyone who wants one at various locations in the City to promote her new film. Well, I drank one and it was actually pretty good.

With some alcohol in my system, I arrived at the Warfield to see the Decemberists. I was a bit late getting in there. The stage immediately caught my eye because there were all these high hanging chinese lanterns all over the place. Colin also sounded pretty good. I think he was singing "We Both Go Down Together," from Picaresque. The floor was pretty packed so I was relegated to the extreme stage left side. I left the floor and went to the back where I got a better view.

The Decemberists were good. Colin and his co-horts turned out a pretty good show. Colin's voice was top notch, and the instrumentation was as well.

They played a lot of songs from the new album as well as some old favourites. Among the new album songs they played were "Shankhill Butchers," "Perfect Crime," and "Crane Wife." They also played "July July" among their oldies.


Overall, it was a good show, but it could have been better.

Beer Rating:

No comments: