Event Calendar

17 October 2006

Ladytron, CSS (The Fillmore, 16 October 2006)

When I last saw Ladytron at Mezzanine, they played a great set but the venue sucked ass. We were relegated to the top floor of the venue, with lots of room to dance but with little sound and horrible views. Tonight, not only did I see Helen Marnie in all her beauty, but I can actually hear every minute keyboard and note sung. It was amazing, and probably the best Ladytron show I've ever seen.

CSS opened up first. I love these Brazilian girls and all their spunk. I missed probably 15 minutes of their set. But I caught the songs I wanted to hear including "Art Bitch", "Alala," and, of course, "Let's Make Love with Death from Above." They were full of energy and engaged the crowd with much dancing.

After about a 30 minute wait, Ladytron came on next. They had a stage full of KORG equipment, complete with white screen backdrop and lights. They opened up with "High Rise" from Witching Hour. An awesome start in their nearly 80 minute set. Helen was looking super, super, super gorgeous with that bob, slender figure and magnificent dress with a keyhole showing just the right amount of skin accented with a single pearl necklace.

From the get-go, I was dancing. I was not still. Every muscle of my body was constantly moving. I danced the most during "Evil" which is my favourite song from Light & Magic. Hopped like a rabbit on crack during "Everything You Touch." And danced some more during "Seventeen" and "Blue Jeans."

A surprise song that I liked was "Beauty*2". I don't really pay attention much to this song when it pops up on my iPod, but when I heard it live, it gave the song a whole new meaning. It is definitely one of my favourites.

Probably my least favourite song was "Witching Hour." I would have rather heard something from 604, like "Ladybird," but alas.

Helen's voice during "International Dateline" just made my jaw drop. Like when she reached the high notes during the chorus. Even more so during "Last One Standing." Her striking beauty, accompanied with her dynamic vocal range equals <3>

Mira was also awesome when she sang "Fighting in Built Up Areas" and "Cracked LCD." She received the biggest crowd reaction when she sang "He Took Her to a Movie."

Flawless from start to finish. Great visuals and lighting. Great musicians. Great show. Tons of fun!

Beer Rating: 0 Beers

No comments: