Event Calendar

07 June 2006

Pretty Girls Make Graves (GAMH, 4 June 2006)

I think I've bought tickets to Pretty Girls Make Graves three times in the last two years, and I sold all of them because I was either too lazy or forgot about it. Such a waste. This time, I was determined to go to their show. However, come show day, I was so exhausted from my bronchitis that I almost didn't go. Luckily I was convinced to go and so I did.

Their new album, Elan Vital, is pretty good actually. I haven't listened to it for a while, but from what I remember, it was similar to their other albums, The New Romance and Good Health.

Overall, the band was super entertaining. They played all the good stuff I liked from The New Romance including "Something Bigger, Something Brighter", "This is Our Emergency," "All Medicated Geniuses," "The Grandmother Wolf," and "Blue Lights," which they ended with.

From Elan Vital, they played "The Noctural House," a very entertaining and energetic "Domino."

As enjoyable as the show was (and the countless dedications they gave to support band Giant Drag, which I missed), the show had a pretty sour ending with the guitarist tossing his guitar to the crowd. Although one lucky audience member walked away with a guitar, another walked away with a huge gash on his forehead. I think that's a lawsuit waiting to happen, don't you think?

Despite the sour ending, PGMG were very entertaining and I will never, ever miss their shows ever again.

Beer Rating: 1/2

No comments: