Event Calendar

03 June 2006

The Boy Least Likely To (GAMH, 2 June 2006)

This is the second time I've seen Boy Least Likely To (BLLT). The last time was with stupid, crap ass James Blunt. Thank goodness they didn't come with him this time. Instead, BLLT headlined their own gig in front of a good sized crowd at the Great American.

The first band that played was Bicycles from Toronto, Canada. They were amusing at first, but their twee-ness just got so old at the end. Clever stage outfits with the big "B" on the shirts, ala Sufjan Stevens with the "S" on his band mates' shirts. However, these guys just got really old and all their songs started to sound the same.

BLLT came on afterwards, with Jof and Peter wearing the exact same outfit they did when I saw them with Blunt. Not that it's bad, but I just found it funny, de javu even. They played all their songs from their album, along with a handful of old ones. Throughout their set, Jof and Peter talked playfully with the crowd, and cracked jokes at one another.

They also did a cover of a George Michael song, which was entertaining. I think it was "Faith" but I'm not too sure.

Definite highlights were "Papercuts," "Be Gentle with Me" and "I Glad I Hitched My Apple Wagon to Your Star." Which, oddly enough, is a song about them traveling to Nashville although they've never been there before.


Beer Rating:

No comments: