Event Calendar

20 June 2006

Jakob Dylan (GAMH, 14 June 2006)

So...

Jakob Dylan. Yeah, that guy who's dad is that old, wrinkly guy named Bob (apparently, Bob is pretty good). And, yeah, the J.D. (as my friend calls him) is the lead singer of that band the Wallflowers. Who? You know, the guys who did a cover of David Bowie's "Heroes" and had that huge hit called "One Headlight" back in the 1990's.

Well, he played as the opener for T-Bone Burnett. Yeah, who the f*ck is that guy? I still don't know what he's all about and I really don't care.

GAMH was sold out for this show. I lined up in line with my friend (who's the big J.D. fan) and chatted it up while various crackheads passed us by and the gaggles of the 40+ yr. old crowd we were to be a part of. We made our fair share of old people jokes, and some didn't take it too lightly, but we were just having fun...loosen up pops!

J.D. played an acoustic set while the numerous waiters and waitresses were handing burger platters to the audience. Even the J.D. thought that this was rather awkward with all the scents of burnt cow flesh coming his way (he's vegetarian apparently).

He played a bunch of songs I didn't know. But I waited and waited for "One Headlight" but to no avail. The set list is as follows:

  1. Letters From The Wasteland
  2. Up From Under
  3. Here in Pleasantville
  4. Closer To You
  5. How Good It Can Get
  6. God Says Nothing Back
  7. Here He Comes
  8. Empire In My Mind
  9. The Beautiful Side of Somewhere
I have to admit, the J.D. was surprisingly good. He is an excellent musician and songwriter. And he's not bad looking either after all these years.

We didn't say for T-Bone. I opted to watch T.V. instead.

Beer Rating:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aw, t-bone's a legendary musician and producer, i haven't seen him live. i never liked the wallflowers, but that jakob dylan is a hottie.

-robin in los angeles