Event Calendar

03 October 2004

The Libertines (Fillmore, 1 October 2004)

Beer Rating: 2 Beers

There are certain rock stars that look good with their shirts off (a young Iggy Pop, the dude from Har Mar Superstar) and then there are the unlikely lads of the Libertines. If you got flab hanging out of your side, please keep the shirt on. It makes you look more rock n roll. And cooler. The whole shirts off thing is only appropriate for hot festival events or if you're the keyboardist for the Dandy Warhols.

Anyways, the Libertines were awesome on stage. This is the first time I have seen them, and they must have played 20+ songs in their slightly over 90 minute set. It sure helps though that each song is under 3 1/2 minutes, but who's counting. They played the usual hits from their debut album including, but not limited to, "Boys in the Band."

The crowd was mad fer it. I was mad fer it. My friend Sergio got a free ticket from some guy giving it away. I had 2 Stellas in my system. It was all good in the 'hood.

As you can see, I'm tired as hell. Helping people move, shopping at IKEA, and putting together IKEA furniture takes its toll. A better review for Supergrass, I promise!

No comments: