Event Calendar

26 May 2005

Architecture in Helsinki (Cafe Du Nord, 25 May 2005)

As I type this, Architecture in Helsinki is still playing their set. Probably at their encore by now.

I thought they were coming on at 10:30 p.m., like what the Cafe Du Nord guy said. With that in mind, I arrived at 10pm only to be surprised to see Still Flyin', the opening band with 16 different members, still playing.

Eh, I don't know. After that I drank too much and then started to get sleepy and tired. Then I drove home.

Well, I can at least tell you how the show was.

Still Flyin' is this weird 16 member band who plays songs that sound kind of reggae-ish. For a lack of a better comparison. They were alright, but it is absolutely pointless to have 16 members in a band (N.B. I don't know whether there are 16 members, it just seemed like it was) when all they did was (1) dance like Bez or (2) act like supporting singers when their voices are shite to begin with. Nonetheless, they were mildly entertaining, but not entertaining enough to lure me and Randy away from the bar and order more Heinekens.

Architecture came on at around 11:15pm. By this time, I already drank way more than I should (I didn't eat dinner tonight) and I was getting pretty tipsy and tired. They were good though, for the 5-6 songs I saw them perform. However, the crowd was just too packed, the stage too low, and the "Land of the Tall" people came out in full force. Not that I'm short in stature, but I can't compete with guys 6'2" tall. They played some stuff from their new album, and some older stuff from Fingers Crossed. But they were quite dynamic and provided good harmonies.

But I was just tired and needed to go home. So, I went home at around midnight.

I really can't rate this show, since it'll be unfair to do so. But, what the hell? I'm kinda tipsy right now and I'll rate it anyways.

Beer Rating: 4 Beers

No comments: