Event Calendar

04 May 2008

I'm From Barcelona (The Independent, 29 April 2008)

Again, I was running late to this show because my bike lock acting up. But, I was able to bike there, bike back home, walk back to the venue and was able to find my friends with no problem.

There were 20 Swedes on stage at the show. Did they really need that many band members? Yes. They are a very happy band. They started off their set with "Treehouse" and there was all sorts of confetti and balloons flying all over the small venue. And one of the members was doing some YMCA like moves as the song was performed. I can do that!

And the lead singer, I think his name is Emanuel, crowd surfed after this song. The band sounded great, and all 20 members contributed in every way. I think the fullness of the sound was definitely because of the large number of members in the band.

My favourite part of the show was when they played "Oversleeping." That's my theme song. Every day of my waking life is described succinctly in that song.

So, as cheezy as the show was, it was a lot of fun. It's not exactly a band that I'd see more than once in a year. Because the antics can get old. But the songs were fun, the band members were fun, and just...fun.

No comments: