Event Calendar

19 August 2007

Shearwater (Bottom of the HIll, 20 June 2007)

I'm a bit more discerning now when I choose to watch a show. But I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to see Shearwater at the Bottom of the HIll. Everytime I think of Shearwater, I think of Okkervil River. Rightfully so, since the band was originally a collaboration between Okkervil's Will Sheff and Kingfisher's Jonathan Meiburg.

Since I'm blogging about this show that happened nearly two months ago, I don't remember much. I do remember that they opened up with "Red Sea, Black Sea" from their album, Palo Santo. It was a very strong start for the band and really electrified this somewhat sparse crowd at Bottom of the Hill that night.

"Seventy-Four, Seventy-Five" was another well played song. Meiburg's vocals, accompanied by the band's superb musicianship, made this venue with sometimes okay acoustics sound like a grand concerthall. Okay, that maybe just a bit exaggerated, but you get my drift I hope.

Beer Rating:

No comments: