Event Calendar

19 August 2007

1990's (Cafe du Nord, 6 August 2007)

I don't really read the NME anymore, but on the one day I did, they were raving about this band called the 1990's. So, I looked into them some more and found out that they are playing a Popscene sponsored show at Cafe du Nord. I downloaded their album and found the songs to be really catchy and fun. So, naturally, I bought a ticket.

That was a month before the show. As the months went by, I grew less and less interested. The album was still good, but not as gripping as I originally thought. I still wanted to see what they were all about though.

Come show day, I was too tired and had no interest. Instead, I spend that time catching up with Charky and some champagne. I heard 1990's play "You Made Me Like It," which is the opening track to their album Cookies. It was fun sounding, but I'd rather talk to my pal. They played everything from Cookies, including "You're Supposed to Be My Friend," which has really catchy drums and chorus. And the "da da da" of "See You at the Lights.

The crowd seemed to be into it. I wish I was.

Beer Rating: 1/2

No comments: