Event Calendar

04 June 2005

Out Hud (Bottom of the Hill, 3 June 2005)

I have to be honest, I wasn't really feeling like going to a show tonight. I just wanted to relax for a bit and then go all out on Saturday or Sunday. I also had a lot of things to take care of, so it would have been nice to get Friday evening off. Alas, I go to the show. I have no regrets in going to see Out Hud, but it would have been better if I was a bit more into it.

Out Hud has a great album out called Let Us Never Speak of it Again. In it, they have some of their most outstanding songs to date. I also here that they put on a good show, enticing the crowd to dance and just get krrrazy.

No falsity in the advertising here. They came on close to midnight and played an electrifying set to a sold out crowd. Although they were in dire need of towels in the beginning, they got into the groove by playing some of the better songs in their recent release and a couple from S.T.R.E.E.T.D.A.D. like "This Bum's Paid."

Songs like "It's For You" with its awesome drum beats and that weird noise intertwined in there kept the crowd alive and hopping. The subtle female vocals were perfect, although it could have been better than perfect if it weren't for the sound that Bottom of the Hill is notorious for. As much as I wanted to stay to enjoy this song, I had to go outside since the restrooms were blocked.

See, all of this would have been great if I were into it. I was just tired and my friends weren't into it either. I felt like I was going to be into it, but that quickly went away. I don't blame Out Hud for this, but it's just my own quirk. Out Hud put on a great show, and I would have enjoyed it more if I were into it.

Beer Rating: 3.5 Beers

No comments: