Event Calendar

08 March 2007

Autolux, Snowden & Malajube (The Independent, 2 March 2007)

Hello. It's been a while.

So, let's get down to business. Very promising night (or at least so I thought) last Friday with three pretty good bands in this Noise Pop bill.

First, Death of a Party. Didn't like them too much, although I have to hand it to the lead singer's theatrics.

Second, Malajube. These guys stole the show. They were fantastic from start to finish. The intensity was all there and the songs were just spot on. Although I don't understand much French, the songs were just strong and the band was really energetic and amusing on-stage. These French Canadians sounded really "foreign" when they spoke. "Le Crabe" was the definite highlight for me, but I was expecting a bit more yelping.

Third, Snowden. From Atlanta, they have a pretty good album but the only songs I like are the first three. And the first three were good. "Like Bullets" and "Anti-Anti" sounded like the album. But that was pretty much it for this band. I was not impressed and they were boring, to be perfectly honest.

Finally, Autolux. I can't say much about them because I had to cut out and I only saw the first song. But I've seen them a couple of times, and they put on a decent show. Their first song was a new one from their upcoming LP, but the song was too long for a starter. But, maybe they got better. I don't know.

Malajube are fantastic and they are worth seeing. So go for it!

Beer Rating:

No comments: