Event Calendar

01 November 2006

Van She (Mezzanine, 31 October 2006)

This won't take long. Especially since I have an 8am dentist appointment later today.

Van She. They were alright. I was expecting a lot more from them. Which is my bad because I should have expected less. I only know one song, "Kelly," and that was played alright. On YouTube, it's much better with all the visuals of young kids making out, etc. But live, it was just an average song played by an average band. Some of the audience were into it, but I am sure they were pretty hyphy before they went to see them.

Here's the YouTube:

The only consolation was that I didn't pay. It was a free show, so I shouldn't really complain. But I will.

The first band that played, Soft Lightes, were okay too. Nothing spectacular.

I was about to leave when my friends decided to just stay a little bit to dance. So, after Van She came this other group of freestyle rappers or whatever. One of the girls was grotesquely large. I even have a dance for her (which I will demonstrate upon request). But they were fun, yet annoying. Singing stuff that we all think about like pimple popping and other nonsense. I left.

Beer Rating:

No comments: