Event Calendar

02 November 2006

MSTRKRFT (Mezzanine, 1 November 2006)

Today is Dia de Los Muertos, or Day of the Dead in English. It's also the post-halloween hangover for most of us. Luckily, I wasn't part of the living dead walking around S.F. Although, it seemed like the Mezzanine was that way earlier tonight. However, it eventually picked up and the crowd seemed alive and well.

I arrived at the Mezzanine to see MSTRKRFT spin their tunes. I haven't been to a DJ show in a while. If you don't count Daft Punk or Oakenfold at Coachella, it's been a good number of years since I attended anything like that. The environment was just way different than what I'm accustomed to, which isn't a bad thing.

Before MSTRKRFT, the house djs were spinning their thing and doing a rather good job at it. Club tune favourite "Over and Over" by Hot Chip got the best reaction.

MSTRKRFT came on around 11:30 and played for a good hour. It was energetic and the crowd seemed mad fer it. There were a handful of them also dancing on-stage before the bouncer kicked them out. I was tired so I wasn't into it. I did dance a bit, but not to the point of me going crazy like at the Ladytron show.

It was loud. They played everything they got, and more. Re-mixed somewhat to not make it sound boring and redundant. It was alright.

Beer Rating: 1/2

No comments: