Event Calendar

23 March 2006

White Rose Movement (Bottom of the Hill, 22 March 2006)



Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck YOU

I don't care WHERE you were, or if you've NEVER
heard of one White Rose Movement, but they played at
the
Bottom of the Hill toinght, and they were pretty
goddamn bad ass.

And FUUUUUUCK YOU if I can't think of a good adjective
to stick on them,
but I SURE AS HELL know they are NOT LIKE THE FAINT
like one
member of our car party thought (A., where the hell is
the vocoder,
or the synths? I DONT HEAR EM) OK so they sort of
KICK ASS in the
sense they sound SO NO NONSENSE DANCEY like FUCK YOU I
DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUUUUUUUUUUU
THIS IS ALL ABOUT THIS SHOULDER BOPPIN MUSIC AND IF
YOU GIVE ME
ANY SHIT ABOUT USING THE WORD BOPPIN, WELL THEN YOU
HAVEN'T
HEARD WHITE ROSE MOVEMENT AND YOU SHOULD

It's sort of aloof coldness, so cold and aloof, that I
couldn't keep my goddamn eyes off the crowd. Albiet
it was NOT a sold out show, we got in a couple songs
into this headlining band (to Ian's upset, they've
already played his favorite song) BUT THE
CROWDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. Listen, OK, the band in and of
itself is HOT (I'm sorry, I don't really know the
member's names, I know there are five of them--the guy
singing had a shirt TOO FAMILIAR--found out later on
that evening it's from TOP SHOP London that Ian almost
got while at Opening Ceremony in NYC (but that's
beyond the point) with a slender tree like body and
upturned nose OK and the girl on the synths was pretty
tough "I DON'T CARE WHAT THE FUCK YOUR STUPID BLOG
REVIEW' S GOING TO SAY" looking, but not-so-much, and
the decidedly skinny platinum blonde longer haired
dude on guitar seemed as if he passed his rock star
stance class with flying colors.




The crowd, anyway, were the hippest of the hip. I
guess, this guy wearing a pair of
I_KNOW_they're_1998_but_fuck_you_nonetheless thick
rimmed sortof off glasses and an almost but-NOT mullet
hair action started shaking his shoulders right in
front of me, and then later hung himself up on the
wall right next. In addition to the majority of
self-content kids with their hoodies up and the others
in their GODDAMN Diesel (I don't know WHY THE HELL I
NOTICE THESE
FUCKING DIESEL STRIPES ON THE POCKETS SOMEBODY HELP
ME) jeans and tiger onitsukas (AGAIN<><>

Yeh, I wish I could find a better description for WHITE ROSE MOVEMENT; I don't know if it's all thatAmerica's Next Top Model DRAMA with Gina STAYINGONNNNNNNN and not that other cute pouty girl fromSouth Dakota, the unbelieveable CUT of nice guy BRYANfrom TOP CHEF, the half bottle of cheap californiachampagne, or Ian's Citizen Cake chocolates andcupcakes--but FUUUUUUUCK UUUUUU I CAN'T THINK OF ONE RIGHTNOW.

Beer Rating:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

JAZZERCISE

Anonymous said...

i knew that was the work of jenjenjen.