Event Calendar

09 December 2005

Autolux (Popscene, 8 December 2005)

I'll be really brief with Autolux at Popscene since I have to go to sleep in 5 minutes.

They were good as always. This is the upteenth time I've seen them live. It seems like they're always opening up for someone or are headlining a small venue with an alterior motive. I don't know. I don't intentionally go and see them (except for tonight) but I've always liked them.

Tonight, the stage at Popscene seemed a lot shorter than usual. Probably because the band themselves aren't that tall. Also, it seems like everyone from Giganto-land was in the house. I'm 5'9" but I certainly cannot compete with the 6' and over crowd. So, all I can do is listen and see what the band is up to between crevaces of space between people.

Also, Popscene needs to do something with their camera placement. The screens at the back does nothing to improve the view. All I can see are a bunch of heads and probably the forehead of one of the band members.

Finally, Popscene takes a whole new light when one is sober. I had to be sober tonight. But I wanted to enjoy myself so I got a few drinks. Still no remedy. The only song I really danced to was the Strokes' "Juicebox" which I wasn't really that into but I had to force myself to enjoy it. Oh, my bad, I also danced to Kaiser Chiefs' "I Predict a Riot" with two friends. Now that was fun.

Beer Rating:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love autolux