Event Calendar

30 September 2008

My Bloody Valentine (The Concourse, 30 September 2008)

I know only a few My Bloody Valentine songs, but nonetheless I went to the show just to see what they are all about. I mean, they are one of those groundbreaking bands that you need to see since they pretty much influenced the whole shoegaze thing.

The Concourse is a horrible venue. Given MBV's sound, it should be okay. And, plus, they are not all that animated on stage so you are just really there to take in the sounds. And did they ever. They played their songs crisply and in sync. You wouldn't even know that they've been apart for so long given the tightness of their set.

I don't know any of the song titles, but they were good. I was a bit sleepy towards the end, but then I woke up when I heard that 20 minutes worth of white noise song. It drove everyone I know at the show crazy. Needless to say, that sheer amount of noise basically had people headed for the exits. Like myself.

So it was memorable. It was worth it. And I think one MBV show is enough for me.

No comments: