Event Calendar

02 July 2006

Cold War Kids (The Independent, 27 June 2006)

I was so impressed with the Cold War Kids when I saw them open up for Tapes n' Tapes a couple of weeks ago that I had to see them again. This time, they supported Apollo Sunshine at the Independent. Unlike their Cafe du Nord show, there was a lot more people there and the venue was a lot bigger. But that didn't detract from how great these guys were on stage.

Like last time, the Kids played all their songs with a lot of soul, feeling and spunk. Also, like last time, my favourite songs were "Hang Me Up to Dry" and "Hospital Beds." There were a few songs in there that I didn't recognize, but they were quite good as well.

And what's with the San Pellegrino bottle? That's probably one of the most understate music instrument these guys use. And I'm not being sarcastic either.

I urge you all to check this band out if you haven't done so. If you want to give these guys a listen, click:

Here
Here

Beer Rating: 1/2

No comments: