Event Calendar

30 April 2006

Ladytron (Mezzanine, 28 April 2006)

This is the third, and probably the best, time I've seen Ladytron. Which goes without saying, since the other two times I saw them was just so-so. One at Bimbo's, supporting Light and Magic and their show the following day at the Henry Fonda.

The problem was the venue. Mezzanine is a great venue...If you're there early. My friends and I were there early, but were bored with watching the Presets. Instead, we decided to lounge around and chat about sedentary sports. With a sold out crowd, it's best that you stake out a good spot at Mezzanine or fall victim to the Amazonians who linger in the back. We turned to victims this time around.

Ladytron came on around midnight. They started off with "International Dateline" from Witching Hour. It sounded really good, but a bit faster than the album. Ladytron looked too cool as usual and were accompanied by two other musicians (man and woman).

"Evil" was the second, and most favourite, Ladytron song. It sounded more like the album this time around. I wanted to dance so badly, but my place on the floor wasn't conducive to such an activity.

At this point, my friends and I were very frustrated with our view. So we went upstairs, towards the rear of the venue. Granted, the view was good, but we were too far and we seemed detached from the show.

We made the most out of it anyways, with us dancing to some of the songs as if we were throwing the dance party. "Seventeen" was pretty fun. The most fun was "Destroy Everything You Touch," which lead to not only us dancing, but a couple of raver kids joining us as well.


Ladytron's set was filled with top songs, but the venue really didn't cater to my Ladytron viewing.

Beer Rating:

No comments: