Event Calendar

28 April 2005

Mesh Magazine Party with Von Iva & Communique (The Rickshaw Stop, 23 April 2005)

Damn. Mesh sure knows how to throw a party.

I write that line free from any duress. Really though, these are two great local bands playing for a nicely packed audience at The Rickshaw Stop on Saturday night. Although I enjoyed Communique, like when I saw them back in January, I barely remember anything about it.

As for Von Iva, they were very energetic and spunky. This was the first time I have ever seen them, and from the looks of it, not going to be the last either. This band is going to be big and these girls no how to strut it. But like Communique, I barely remember the gig.

That's because I was crunked out of my mind. I racked up a pretty heavy bar tab, spit out a whole shot of tequila on the bar, and then puked three times when I got home. All I can remember is brief glimpses of both bands, that I accidently tapped some girl's ass, and me puking like that puppet on Crank Yankers.

But it was one hell of a party!

Beer Rating: 2 Beers

Beer Rating When I Woke Up: 6 pack and liquor

How Many Drinks I Drank: 2 Jack and Cokes, 2 Skyy and tonics, 2 Sapphire and tonics, 1/2 a tequila shot, 1 beer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dang man, next time you could try sticking with one type of alcohol, but with that many drinks, it probably won't matter...

-EL