Event Calendar

07 January 2005

Earlimart (Popscene, 6 January 2005)

You know that Napoleon Dynamite movie? Well, it was on last night on the telly at 330 Ritch and I couldn't take my eyes off of it. Granted, the audio is on mute but the sheer sight of Mr. Dynamite himself is so hilarious! I can't get over how much he looks like Richard Parry of the Arcade Fire. I just had to laugh as I was watching the movie.

Then there's this stupid bimbo and her boyfriend dancing as if this was some sort of freak show. Me and my friend Minh-Lan were speaking in Spanish (really badly by the way) making fun of them. "Le estupide en su izquierda bailar como una slut!" Yeah.

Popscene crowd was kinda old. The young kids must be out and about in thier suburban homes in L.A.

Oh, yeah. Earlimart. Almost forgot about them. Just goes to show how much I wasn't into them during this show, which is a shame since their latest release is pretty good. You know how there are those certain bands that are just really good on CD but not so good live? Well, that's Earlimart. They were fun to watch at the Fillmore, but 33o Ritch doesn't give bands that much justice. I haven't seen one show at 330 Ritch that's even worth a 3 beer rating. Even Ash, a band that I absolutely love to watch, was not worth a 3 beer rating at 330 Ritch.

With that in mind, my apologies Earlimart. It didn't seem like you guys were having that much fun on stage anyways.

Beer Rating: 4 Beers




No comments: